RELEASE DATE: September 2017
Software version: 1.0.4
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest software update for Simrad R2009 and R3016 Radar displays. This major release offers some exciting new features, and improved radar operation capability. Please ensure that other MFD’s and Sonar modules are upgraded to latest software version as well to provide compatibility across your network. If used with a Halo Radar, please ensure that the Halo radar is upgraded to V5.3.1.x (pending release) to ensure compatibility with the new Velocity Track feature.
Features and Improvements
- Introduced the Red multi-color palette
- Velocity Track – When used with a Halo Radar, Velocity Track provides instant visual feedback on the motion of targets in relation to your boat. This powerful add on improves situational awareness and reduces collision risk. Using the Doppler Effect, velocity track colors moving targets depending whether they are approaching or diverging as shown in the screen shot below: This feature is available for any new or existing Halo radar system (V5.3.1.x pending release) via the purchase of a one-time unlock code.
- Dynamic building of the user interface, soft-keys and menu structure based on the type of radar sensor source selected.
- Removed alerts related to unselected sensor data sources. The R2009/R3016 can now present alerts only based on the sensor configuration specified in the setting menu. Restricted basic radar operations can now be possible without sensor inputs (i.e. position, heading, speed and AIS) and without uncomfortable repeated alerts.
To upgrade the software, please carry out the following.
1. Download the file
2. Copy the file into the root of an SD Card (Do not place the file into a folder on the card)
3. Turn off the Control Unit
4. Insert the SD card into the card reader of the Control Unit
5. Turn on the Control Unit
6. The update will automatically be applied
7. Remove the SD card once the update is installed and the Control Unit has re-started
See also R3016 12U/6X software update
R3016 Software Update