The CS68 Integrated ECDIS is a new fully IMO approved Integrated Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) navigation system.
Designed specifically for the commercial market, this latest IMO certified system is built to our industry-leading standards of reliability, simplicity of installation and ease of operation.
- IMO type approved ECDIS navigation system
- Fully integrated ‘backpack’ design combines a 19-inch 5:4 display or 24-inch widescreen 16:9 display with ECDIS processor, NMEA0183 connectivity, networking and power supply in a single unit.
- Standard QWERTY keyboard and trackball comprise a simple, intuitive control scheme while allowing for fast and accurate entry of navigational data.
- Familiar Simrad user interface for easy transition after upgrade
- Well-suited to retrofits: the 19-inch CS68 is built to industry standard sizing and will fit into many existing 19-inch monitor cutouts.
- TrackSteer: Combined with a Simrad AP80 autopilot controller, the CS68 forms one of the most cost-effective IMO approved track steering systems on the market. Installation is simple, with minimal extra hardware required on vessels with an existing AP80 autopilot.
- The modern 24-inch, 16:9 widescreen sports 1920 x 1080-pixel ‘Full HD’ resolution, and provides a larger usable chart area than traditional displays. In a new or refitted bridge, a move to the widescreen format offers clear advantages in chart visibility and ECDIS ease-of-use.
- Dual-station PLECDIS (Paperless ECDIS) is available with just a single cable linking two Simrad CS68 units, no extra hardware required.
- The CS68 ECDIS system is designed to operate with Jeppesen Cartography, and provides import capability for 3rd-party charts (visit pro.simrad-yachting.com for a list of supported suppliers). A range of Jeppesen licensing options are available to best suit your vessel’s purpose and regional chart requirements.
More details on CS68 ECDIS below:
CS68 19inch Integrated ECDIS
CS68 24inch Integrated ECDIS
24th Jun 2014